- In a very hot pan fry off the mushrooms in a little oil until the start to colour (best to batch cook to avoid stewing the mushrooms). Then place in a bowl on the side.
- Reduce heat then add the onions and fry for about 5 minutes or until softened. Turn the heat up again then add garlic and wine. Allow the alcohol to burn of slightly before adding the Macphie Plant-based White sauce.
- Once boiling reduce heat and allow to simmer for approx. 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the mushrooms and spinach to the mix before seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper. Allow mixture to cool before refrigerating.
- Leaving the middle third of the pastry alone cut slices down either side approx. 1-2cm wide.
- Spoon your mixture down the uncut middle third of the pastry leaving approx. 1cm at the top and bottom.
- Sprinkle over the roasted squash and add a touch more seasoning.
- Use the pastry strips at either side start to pull them over the filling starting at the top working your way down. Try to intertwine the pastry by going over and under the strips from the other side. Push down and fold under either end that of the pastry before transferring to a lined baking tray.
- Spray or brush on the Macphie Plant-based Glaze.
- Bake at 190°C for about 45-60 minutes or until the pastry has reach desired colour.