Method Makes 12 portions
- Preheat your oven to 160°C.
- To make the base of your cheesecake, fold the melted butter through the crushed digestives with the demerara sugar and salt. Mix thoroughly. Press into the bottom and up the sides (as far as it’ll go) of a lightly buttered 10-inch springform tin. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
- To make the filling, beat the cream ch**se with a hand or stand-up mixer until smooth. Stir the xantham gum through the sugar, then add this to you softened ch**se and beat again until combined. Then add the Macphie Plant-based Cream Alternative and the rest of the ingredients and mix for 2-3 minutes until thoroughly combines with no lumps.
- Pour the filling onto your prepared base and bake for 55 minutes. The top should be a very light golden brown, not cracked, and near perfectly flat. It should jiggle slightly when you gently shake the tin.
- Cool the cake in the oven with the door open, then into the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the tin and slice into generous portions! Serve with fresh fruit and Macphie ku-li® Raspberry fruit coulis and a sprinkling of Macphie Sweet Snow®.