- Place Macphie Country Cake Mix, water, oil, mixed spice and caramel colour into mixing bowl fitted with beater.
- Mix on 1st speed for 1 minute, followed by 6 minutes on 2nd speed.
- Gently blend in sultanas, currents, cherries and zest.
- Deposit 1kg of batter into greased and lined cake tin.
- Bake at 185°C (370°F) for approximately 2 hours and 10 minutes until well risen and firm to touch (if browning to fast, cover with foil).
- Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack.
- Once cool, spread with warmed apricot jam, a layer of marzipan, 11 marzipan balls and dust with Macphie Sweet Snow®, make a criss-cross pattern with a knife, use a blow torch to colour marzipan.