0800 085 9800
About Macphie – the Vital Ingredient
Since the 1920s, Macphie has been making quality added-value ingredients for food manufacturers, bakers and chefs internationally.
From our headquarters on the idyllic Glenbervie Estate in north-east Scotland, we’ve built a reputation for quality, reliability and fresh thinking – for professionalism, with a personal touch.
Customers around the world already know there’s more to Macphie. Contact us to find out how we can do more for you.
We’re versatile and offer a flexible approach. We identify opportunities for new products, formats and services.
We’re innovative, providing ideas that deliver inspirational solutions. We invest in innovation, technology and development and collaborate across sectors to explore the new.
We’re trusted. Integrity is a fundamental pillar of our corporate culture. Our history of success shows the reliability and quality of our products and we are confident in our knowledge and capabilities.
We provide added value, giving out customers optimised finished products. You can always rely on support from team Macphie.
We’re leading the industry. This gives you the competitive advantage and enables both you and Macphie to enjoy the benefits of market leadership.
4 business teams:
- Out of Home
- On the Go
- In Home
100s of products and solutions in 7 specialist categories:
300 people, including:
- highly experienced chefs, bakers and nutritionists with a passion for their profession
- technical professionals equipped to guide and advise you on everything from back-of-house operations to regulatory compliance
- industry experts who help ensure you’re ahead of the market curve, tracking industry and end-consumer trends to help inform your business strategy
- support teams who underpin successful everyday delivery of our services to you
- headquarters and manufacturing centre on the Glenbervie Estate in north-east Scotland
- customer centre in Coventry, England.
30 international markets across:
- United Kingdom
- Continental Europe
- Middle East
- North Africa
£5million investment in technology since 2016: automated processes to bolster efficiency.
Enhanced technologies to improve supply chain processes and enhance productivity.
We do more than talk about doing the right thing. We make it part of our everyday work.
Macphie is one of the few UK food and drink companies to secure membership of B Corporation because of our commitment to securing our social, environmental and financial objectives. Our membership was re-accredited in 2017 – with an improved score.
We take practical steps to protect the environment:
- First food manufacturer to produce ingredients using biomass wood chips
- Two wind turbines established to generate power for our Glenbervie site
- 50% of energy used across our manufacturing sites sourced from renewable energy
We have an ongoing programme of community support:
- 1% of the company’s annual profits goes to local communities and good causes
- each employee entitled to spend two work days per year volunteering
- ongoing programme of fundraising for nominated charities
- long-term links with the education sector: schools, apprenticeships, higher education
To submit a request to the charities committee for a donation of money, baked goods or a raffle prize, please complete our request form and email to email@example.com
We sustain a unique employee culture:
- generating jobs and creating wealth in the communities where we operate
- 12% of the company held by an employee trust
- strong engagement ethos: employee forum and surveys, monthly briefing sessions
- investing in our people: a development philosophy, a rewarding culture
Find out more in our latest Corporate Social Responsibility report
Alistair Macphie establishes Macphie
Stewart Macphie takes over
Glenbervie becomes our new home
First company in the UK to create bakery concentrates
First company in the UK to create bag in box cream and glazes
First company in the UK to create American
UHT savoury sauce production
Won the Queen's Award for Exporting
Alastair Macphie takes over
Acquisition of Oakwood in Tannochside
First company in the UK to create cake mixes with real fruit
UK's first industrial biomass plant used to produce food
Two wind turbines installed at Glenbervie to provide power
Launched the reduced sugar range
Started production of cookie dough
Opened our Midlands Customer Centre
• BRC AA+ certificated – the highest rating achievable for quality and food safety
• Member of SEDEX,the world’s largest platform for sharing responsible sourcing data on supply chains
• Member of Roundtable of Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), an organisation that encourages the use of sustainably sourced palm oil in manufacturing
• Employer of the Year at the Scottish Rural Awards 2019
• Featured on 2018 Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 league table
• Finalist in Inspiring Futures category at Northern Star Business Awards 2018
• Special recognition award at Food & Drink Federation (FDF) Awards 2018
• Manufacturer of the Year at the Baking Industry Awards 2017