0800 085 9800
Cherry bakewell simnel cake
Back to recipes
- Add Cherry Bakewell Sensation® Mix to a machine bowl fitted with a beater.
- On 1st speed, slowly add the water and oil and mix for one minute.
- Scrape down and continue mixing for a further two minutes on 2nd speed.
- Reduce to 1st speed and mix for a final one minute.
- Deposit 350g-400g of batter into a paper case in a loaf cake tin and bake at 180°C (360°F) for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool then cover with a layer of marzipan and marzipan balls. Using a chef’s blowtorch, lightly toast the marzipan to add colour as shown in the photograph.
- 1000g Cherry Bakewell Sensation® Cake/Muffin Mix
- 425g water
- 235g oil