0800 085 9800
Back to recipes
- Wash fruit in warm water and allow to drain.
- Add liquids, including colour and spice, to Macphie Mississippi Muffin/Cake Mix and mix slowly for 1 minute then scrape down the bowl to mix in all contents well.
- Mix for further 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Add fruit and blend on slow speed until fruit is evenly mixed through the cake mix.
- Deposit as required into prepared cake tins.
- Bake at 180°C (360oF) until firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool overnight and cut edges to neaten.
- Finish with Macphie 5th Avenue® White Icing and decorate with holly if desired.
- 1000g Macphie Mississippi Cake/Muffin Mix
- 420g water
- 225g oil
- 10g caramel colour (optional)
- 10g mixed spice (optional)
- 1000g sultanas
- 400g currants
- 200g cherries
- Macphie 5th Avenue® White Icing to decorate