1. Add the carrot, celery, onion, garlic and chilli
to the oil in a large wide pan on a medium
heat and sweat until onions are translucent,
about 10 minutes.
2. Add tomato puree and stir, then add the
cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and
dried chilli if using. Stir fry for a minute.
Add chopped tomatoes, Macphie Red Wine
Sauce, chopped pepper, bring to simmer.
Cover and leave on low heat for 10-15
minutes, stirring occasionally, until veg is
3. Add all the beans, and paprika, stir and
bring to simmer. Cover and cook on low heat
for 10 minutes until beans are hot. Check
consistency and seasoning.
4. Add chopped coriander leaves and serve with
a dollop of sour cream and plain rice.
- 1ltr Macphie Red Wine Sauce
- 650g chopped tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 30g garlic
- 200g diced red peppers
- 350g cannellini beans
- 350g kidney beans
- 350g borlotti beans
- 2tsp chilli flakes
- 200g diced carrots
- 200g celery
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 2tsp cumin
- 2tsp coriander
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- Olive oil