Belgian cinnamon twists
- Add flour, yeast, Macphie Superdough and water to a mixing bowl.
- Mix 3 minutes on slow speed and 6-8 minutes on second speed on a spiral mixer.
- After mixing rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Sheet out the dough to about 10mm then place the butter in the centre of the dough and cover the butter with the dough.
- Give 2 half turns and sprinkle some Muscovado sugar in between the half turns. Rest for 4 hours in the retarder, give another 2 half turns and sprinkle Muscovado sugar in between turns, and rest the dough in the retarder for another 2 hours or overnight.
- Sheet out to 2.5mm.
- After sheeting out sprinkle the dough with water and then cover the dough with a mixture of Muscovado sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut into strips of about 100g and then twist and roll. Place into baking round baking foils
- Bake at 210°C for about 12 minutes.