- 1000g Macphie Mississippi Chocolate Muffin & Cake Mix
- 440g water
- 250g vegetable oil
- 50g granulated sugar
- Macphie Rainbow Frosting Chocolate
Makes 1 cake (8 portions)
- Preheat oven to 155°C (310°F). Lightly grease two 10″ round baking tins and line with grease-proof paper at the bottom.
- Add water and vegetable oil to Macphie Mississippi Chocolate Muffin/Cake Mix and granulated sugar into a mixing bowl with a beater fitted.
- Mix thoroughly for 1 minute on slow speed, then for a further 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Deposit the batter equally into the two round baking tins.
- Place into a pre-heated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Empty the cakes onto a wire and leave to cool completely before filling and topping.
- Once cooled, sandwich the two cakes together with a layer of Macphie Rainbow Chocolate Frosting and then use the frosting to decorate the top and sides, and finish with chocolate shavings.