- 500ml Macphie Plant-based Demi-Glace
- 250ml red wine
- 1 x garlic clove, finely chopped
- 40g finely diced shallots
- 2 x knobs of butter (or vegan suitable butter for a vegan suitable option)
- large sprig of thyme, leaves removed and finely chopped
- salt & pepper to season
- Add a knob of butter to a medium sized saucepan and put over a gentle heat.
- Once melted, add the shallots, garlic and thyme.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes until the shallots start to go translucent.
- Add the 250ml of red wine, bring to the boil and reduce by half.
- Add the 500mls of Plant-based Demi-Glace and gently bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the remaining knob of butter for extra richness.