- Use water tempered to give a final dough temperature of 28ºC (82ºF).
- Mix Macphie Premium Doughnut Mix, bread flour, yeast and water together.
- Mixing Time: Conventional Mixer: 10-15 minutes on middle speed, Spiral Mixer: 2 minutes on slow and 8 minutes on fast speed or high speed mixer: 2-3 minutes (11 watt hours per kg of dough).
- Scale dough pieces at 50g each (approximately).
- Proof at 38ºC (100ºF) 75-80% R.H. for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Fry at ¾ proof. Remove doughnuts from prover 5-10 minutes before frying to allow a dry skin to form.
- For a 50g (1¾oz) unit fry 190-195ºC (375-385ºF) for 90 seconds per side.
- Inject with fruit preserves and coat in Macphie Sweet Snow®. We used strawberry jam, orange marmalade and lemon curd.