We currently have vacancies for full time permanent Production Operatives within our production site at Tannochside, Uddingston.
As a Production Operative working 40 hours per week, you will assist in the manufacture and dispatch of food products to the established standards of safety, output, quality and hygiene.
You will be expected to be flexible across the full operation of the factory including cooking sauces, boxing, dispatching.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- carrying out cleaning schedules in the production and packaging area ensuring a high standard of hygiene/sanitation.
- storing, feeding, mixing, blending, freezing and packaging food products.
- packing / metal detecting and inspecting products and the established standards of weight control.
- palletising, wrapping and labelling finished goods.
- operating technical machinery
- extensive manual handling
- exposure to a cold environment
- helping in other departments as required
- working safely at all times in accordance with policies, procedures and legislation.
The successful candidates must be reliable with a good work ethic, able to work effectively as part of a team, have excellent communication skills, display initiative, have demonstrable problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
The role requires compliance to agreed process controls with accurate recording of checks, therefore basic IT, English and numeracy skills are essential.
Previous experience within a production/manufacturing environment would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
You’ll be working 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri) – flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business and overtime may be needed, at the management’s discretion.
Salary: £16,286 per annum.
Macphie offers an excellent range of benefits which includes a competitive salary, profit-related bonuses, private health care and the opportunity to progress within a company which is achieving significant growth.
Closing date for applications is 24 August, 2018.
To apply, please send a current CV including a covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to email@example.com