We currently have opportunities for permanent Production Team Leaders to join our busy manufacturing team at our Glenbervie site.
We are looking for motivated and resourceful individuals, committed to delivering performance excellence and continuous improvement.
You should possess strong leadership skills, be an experienced people manager and have the ability to engage with the team through clear and precise communication.
You should also have great organisational skills, be able to work and remain calm under pressure whilst managing multiple demands on your time.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team in a factory area, ensuring the most effective use of resources in order to complete the daily/weekly production plan to maximum efficiency targets.
You will be responsible for achieving departmental key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives and contributing to the overall business strategy.
You are expected to lead by example and demonstrate the ability to inspire, motivate, coach and encourage your team to consistently achieve operational excellence.
You will also be responsible for compliance with health and safety procedures and maintaining rigorous food safety, hygiene and quality standards at all times.
In addition to having experience managing teams and delivering excellence in a FMCG environment, preferably manufacturing, the ideal candidates should also have:
- sound knowledge of planning, processes and packaging techniques;
- implementing Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques to deliver sustained improvement;
- excellent time management and organisational skills;
- the ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment;
- an open-minded and proactive approach to managing and developing a team as well as a positive approach to driving standards and change;
- the ability to aim for hygiene standards to be equivalent to a high-care food manufacturing facility;
- high standards of written and verbal communication skills;
- PC literate
Previous experience in manufacturing is not essential but desirable. Flexibility for shift working will be required.
Salary banding is £26,000 to £35,000 per annum, dependent on experience. In addition to this Macphie offers an excellent benefits package.
To apply for this opportunity please send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 19 August.