We currently have an opportunity for a permanent Production Team Leader at our Glenbervie site.
We are looking for a motivated and resourceful individual who has a positive “can do” attitude with a willingness to enhance their own and their team’s development and drive high standards and continuous improvement.
You should possess strong leadership skills and have the ability to communicate clearly, and effectively engage with your team.
You should also have the ability and drive to take control of any situation as well as being confident to challenge the status quo.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team to ensure the most effective use of resources to complete the daily/weekly production plan ensuring targets are met.
You will be responsible for achieving department KPIs and objectives and contributing to the overall business strategy.
You will lead by example with the ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and encourage your team to facilitate maximum performance.
You will also be responsible for compliance with health and safety procedures and maintaining rigorous food safety, hygiene and quality standards at all times.
Previous experience of managing teams and working in a manufacturing environment is desirable, as well as the following:
- sound knowledge of planning, processes and packaging techniques
- implementing lean manufacturing tools and techniques to deliver sustained improvement
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- the ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment
- open-minded proactive approach to managing and developing your team as well as a positive approach to driving standards and change
- the ability to aim for hygiene standards to be equivalent to a high care food manufacturing facility
- high standards of written and verbal communication skills
- PC literate
- previous experience in manufacturing is desirable but not essential
Shift working may be required. Macphie offers a competitive salary package with excellent benefits.
To apply for this opportunity please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter advising why you feel you are suitable for the role to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is December 14, 2018.