We currently have vacancies for full-time Production Operatives within our Production site at Tannochside.
As a Production Operative, working on a rotational shift basis, you will assist in the manufacture and dispatch of food products to the established standards of safety, output, quality and hygiene.
You will be expected to be flexible across the full operation of the factory including cooking sauces, boxing and dispatching.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out cleaning schedules in the production and packaging area ensuring a high standard of hygiene/sanitation
- Storing, feeding, mixing, blending, freezing and packaging food products
- Packing/metal detecting and inspecting products against the established standards of weight control
- Palletising, wrapping and labelling finished goods
- Operating technical machinery
- Weighing up of products in the decant
- Extensive manual handling
- Exposure to a cold environment
- Helping in other departments as required
- Working safely at all times in accordance with policies, procedures and legislation
The successful candidates must be reliable with a good work ethic, able to work effectively as part of a team, have excellent communication skills, display initiative, have demonstrable problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
The role requires compliance to agreed process controls with accurate recording of checks, therefore basic IT, English and numeracy skills are essential.
Previous experience within a production/manufacturing environment would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
£16,286.40 per annum and an attractive benefits package.
Hours of work
You’ll be working 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri). Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business. In addition overtime may be required at managements discretion.
To apply for this opportunity please send a copy of your up-to-date CV and covering letter advising your suitability to the role to email@example.com